Cookeville Regional Medical Center
This position is responsible for working directly with patients and physicians, performing a variety of specialized sonographic procedures while providing patient care and patient safety as established by department standards. This position is responsible for performing a variety of dependent and basic secretarial, clerical and housekeeping functions such as customer service, examination and work area cleaning, telephone communications, computer system data entry, information retrieval, (HIS, RIS, PACS), and infection control. It requires independent judgement and initiative while operating diagnostic ultrasound equipment, preparing exam rooms, and keeping the ultrasound department stocked with supplies.
1. Must be Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in a minimum of one certification (i.e. Abdomen, OB, etc). Registry Eligible employees MUST obtain certification meeting the aforementioned requirement within 6 months after employment date.
2. Each employee is responsible for acquiring his/her own Continuing Education Credits to stay in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
3. Employee must attend all hospital mandatory in services.
4. Must be certified in Basic Life Support.
Must have hands on scanning experience in the following modalities of ultrasound:
(a) OB/GYN (e) Endorectal
(b) Abdomen (f) Small Parts
(c) Vascular (g) Neonate Heads
(d) Endovaginal (h) Segmental Pressure Studies
1. Must have the experience and ability to use color and spectral Doppler in each of the above modalities.
2. Must be knowledgeable and skilled with different types of ultrasound equipment.
3. Must have excellent customer service skills.