Cookeville Regional Medical Center
This position is responsible for performing basic and advanced Nursing Assistant skills under the direct supervision of an RN/LPN according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Demonstrates physical capabilities consistent with pressure to meet deadlines and expectations:
1. Must also be able to lift / push / pull / carry unassisted up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis (up to 66% of day) (such as when pushing wheelchairs, carts, stretchers, moving patients utilizing draw sheets / transfer boards and equipment, rolling patients, taking equipment to patient rooms etc.)
2. May be required to assist with moving patients who need maximum or total assistance. For patients weighing greater than 100 pounds who need maximum or total assistance, employees are responsible for utilizing equipment such as transfer boards, patient lift devices, and/or additional personnel.
3. Demonstrates proper body mechanics and knowledge of correct techniques for lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying.
4. Demonstrates proper body mechanics and knowledge of correct techniques for all types of transfers or patients to cover unusual situations / emergencies as well as in the duty of direct patient care. (enlists assistance from others as appropriate).
1. Demonstrates appropriate manual dexterity skills necessary to coordinate hands and eyes for administration of medical treatments and providing patient care.
1. Demonstrates appropriate coordination necessary to coordinate hands and eyes for administration of medical treatments and providing patient care.
1. Demonstrates proper body mechanics and knowledge of correct techniques of all types of transferring patients (per policy), including assistance from other co-workers as indicated.
2. Demonstrates proper body mechanics and knowledge of correct techniques for lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying.
3. Sitting, standing and walking tolerances consistent with position (minimum of 60 minutes, maximum of 120 minutes at one given time prior to stretching break).
1. Visual acuity to read gauges and dials on equipment. Color definition required.
2. Visual acuity required to read print and computer screens.
1. Acute hearing to discriminate differences in patients heartbeats, breathing, etc.
2. Acute hearing required to hear voice communications over call systems or telephones and be able to distinguish verbal communications in an area with distracting environmental conditions.
1. Constantly required to effectively and efficiently communicate with employees, physicians, patients, visitors, and others via verbal/written parameters within the Medical Center.
1. Required to concentrate on details with numerous interruptions.
2. Required to attend to a task/function for more than 60 min. at a time.
3. Required to understand and relate to specific ideas, generally several at a time.
4. Required to remember task/assignment required (and delegated) at beginning of a period of time extending several days/wk/mo.
5. Evidence of good mental health and ability to concentrate under stress and emergency situations.
Able to read and write English. Clinical skills to perform basic nursing care. BLS current or within first 90 days of employment
7a-7p & 7p-7a, Varied